To provide general accounting duties within the finance team with a focus on up to date bank reconciliations and general reconciliations.
There is an expectation that this role will be able to cover all roles within the Opteon Manilla finance team and over time become a Team Leader role.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR ROLE
Service Excellence & Stakeholder Relationship
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Promote a professional and positive image to clients in line with Opteon’s customer service policy.
- Ensure effective communication to customers and stakeholders with positivity and maintain a strong relationship.
Leadership and Culture
- Work effectively with others to deliver the best customer service possible.
- Be an active contributor to the ongoing performance of the team.
- Participate and engage in learning and development activities.
- Continuously strive to develop personal skills and knowledge
- Generally support the finance department and other team members to deliver efficient accounting services for the company.
- Support other team members meet the financial reporting requirements of the company
- Provide backup accounting duties as directed in times of staff absences
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong working relationships with all staff, customers and external organisations
Risk, Governance & Safety
- Ensure a safe work environment for the team by taking breaks and regular movement away from your workstations
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and systems
Operational Excellence & Delivery
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Accounting Review (Concur)
- Direct Debit Management
- Franchise Reconciliations
- Internal transfer charges across international entities (full process)
- Payroll functions
- Accounts Payable functions
- You may be asked to participate in a project team from time to time; tasks will be depended on the objectives and nature of the project team and will be in line with your current skill set and capabilities
- Other general accounting duties as requested from Transition accountant, Director-Finance or Financial Controller from time to time
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise work in order to meet deadlines
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility, with willingness to undertake a wide variety of tasks, and juggle tasks
- Contribute to and work within harmonious team environment
All employees must:
- Demonstrate the Opteon values, and
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone
- At least 2+ years’ experience in a similar role in a medium to large sized business
- A sound knowledge of general accounting principles
- High degree of computer proficiency utilising Microsoft Office applications
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting or related business area
- Great Plains/Dynamics experience desirable but not essential.
- Experience in an ERP system