Commercial experience developing solutions in modern languages such as Node.JS, Ruby, C# or Java.
- High level of experience in web frameworks such as Rails/MVC.
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server.
- Architectural mindset with demonstrated knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Understanding of modern web applications.
- Advocate for good software engineering practices such as automated acceptance testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Degree qualification in relevant IT discipline.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to take ownership, prioritise, meet deadlines and escalate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Willing to teach others and keen to learn.
- Strong business acumen, finding pragmatic solutions to problems and raising opportunities.
- Focus on customer service.