Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
• Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers and project managers.
• Identify, analyse, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
• Participate in product design reviews, providing input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
• Advise, mentor, train or assist quality assurance analysts and developers at other skill levels, as needed, to ensure timely releases of high quality code