As L2 Network Support Supervisor, your role is critical in leading our desktop support team to provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR ROLE
- Day-to-day supervision of Level 2 Network Support Staff including consultation on performance evaluations and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Provide oversight and leadership to Network team and responsible for infrastructure related procurement, disaster recovery planning and network security administration.
- Formulates system/Network policies, standards and procedures specialized for Level 2 Network Support Staff. Participates in staff training and ensures that procedures are current and accurate. Researches trends and patterns in the issues system users ask about.
- Oversee the service performed by all technology vendors together with the telecommunication carriers in the installation, maintenance and repairs of data facilities.
- Keep adequate records of inventories, maintenance of hardware, software and other Network equipment.
- Prepares weekly reports on escalations reported to Level 2 Network Support. Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
- Monitors all issues to ensure resolution is completed timely and in accordance with established procedures and policies. Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall Network customer support are continually carried through.
- Coordinates training requirements of Level 2 Network personnel.
- Interfaces with users of technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department. Resolves problem situations in a professional manner. Accurately communicates pertinent information to create a work environment that lends itself to the best interests of departmental personnel and customer service
- Performs staff scheduling to ensure Network Support coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required. Performs duties in a cost-effective manner to avoid waste of resources without jeopardizing quality of care and service.
- Maintains competency and enhances professional growth and development through continuing education and conferences.
- Accountable for meeting systems infrastructure or operational Service Level Agreements established by Chief Technology Officer.
- Systems policies, processes and procedures, with a proved track record of completing tasks and/or project within budget and on schedule.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the ICT Manager and Chief Technology Officer.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Ability to manage and delegate work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of network security requirements and disaster recovery plans.
- Ability to think and respond immediately with a resolution for complex issues.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good Technical Management, Technical Understanding, Analyzing Information, Informing Others, Staffing, Problem Solving, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
- Willing to work variable shifts including evening, weekends and public holidays.
- Deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions maintaining effective working relationships
- Respond adequately to inquiries or complaints
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced, highly technical environment