To become a leading provider of diversified property solutions to deliver value to its stakeholders.
Positive. Inclusive. Innovative
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR ROLE
Service Excellence & Stakeholder Relationship
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Promote a professional and positive image to clients in line with Opteon’s customer service policy.
- Ensure effective communication to customers and stakeholders with positivity and maintain a strong relationship.
Leadership & Culture
- Work effectively with others to deliver the best customer service possible.
- Be an active contributor to the ongoing performance of the team.
- Participate and engage in learning and development activities.
- Continuously strive to develop personal skills and knowledge
- Generally support the finance department and other team members to deliver efficient accounting services for the company.
- Support other team members meet the financial reporting requirements of the company
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong working relationships with all staff, customers and external organisations
Risk, Governance & Safety
- Ensure a safe work environment for the team by taking breaks and regular movement away from your workstations
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and systems
Operational Excellence & Delivery Accounts Payable (AP)
- Maintain a high level of customer service and provide consistent, timely and accurate delivery of AP services to clients through managing and conducting daily operational activities.
- Contribute to the operation and integrity of the AP system and ensure the function is delivered effectively and efficiently
- Process supplier invoices to relevant expense accounts and department
- Preparation of payment runs
- Assist with supplier queries and reconcile supplier statements
- Maintain all AP records, source documents via Concur and system generated reports, and prepare reports and other documentation for management when requested.
- Assist with Credit Card allocation and reconciliation process
- Assist with Contractor payments as required
- Undertake a range of operational activities associated with AP including providing an escalation point for complex queries, creditor file maintenance, monthly reconciliations, invoicing and claims management and other relevant duties as required.
- You may be asked to participate in a project team from time to time; tasks will be depended on the objectives and nature of the project team and will be in line with your current skill set and capabilities
- Other general accounting duties as requested from the National Accounts Manager or Chief Financial Officer from time to time
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise work in order to meet deadlines
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility, with willingness to undertake a wide variety of tasks, and juggle tasks
- Contribute to and work within harmonious team environment
All employees must:
- Demonstrate the Opteon values, and
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone
- At least 2+ years’ experience in a similar role in a medium to large sized business
- A sound knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting principles
- High degree of computer proficiency utilising Microsoft Office applications
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting or related business area desirable but not essential
- Great Plains/Dynamics experience desirable but not essential.