As a Software Quality Analyst, your role is vital in keeping our customers happy and contributing to our organization’s growth and success.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR ROLE
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers and project managers.
- Identify, analyse, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Participate in product design reviews, providing input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Advise, mentor, train or assist quality assurance analysts and developers at other skill levels, as needed, to ensure timely releases of high quality code.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Knowledge in web technologies and database models
- Possess a solid understanding of process flow and development
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of quality assurance testing and the ability to apply knowledge and skills to a range of professional assignments including the most difficult and complex
- Previous quality assurance analysis or computer programming experience desired (API testing, browser testing, regression, etc)
- Experience in telecommunication industry is preferable but not required
- Experience in automation testing is a plus
- Ability to independently analyse extensive data, identify discrepancies and inconsistencies and recommend a course of corrective action
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to design, write, test and document efficient testing solutions to meet customer needs
- Ability to change process execution during product line testing
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team–oriented work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team