Being a Customer Engagement Specialist means being empathetic and using excellent customer service skills to help customers find a solution. In this role, you will speak directly to our customers to hear their stories, understand their needs, and help them resolve their balances by handing outbound and inbound phone calls as well as emails. Our customers often need an extra helping hand to find the payment option and solution that works best for them.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR ROLE
- Demonstrating InDebted’s values in everything that you do to show a strong understanding and appreciation of our mission statement.
- Understanding and adhering to relevant compliance and quality requirements.
- Making calls to coordinate smart repayments schedules for our customers with overdue accounts
- Connecting and building rapport with our customers through a range of channels including phone calls, emails, and SMS
- Working with your team to hit daily, weekly and monthly collections targets
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to interact with customers in a clear and concise manner, primarily by phone and email.
- Able to work well under pressure and can handle stressful situations with a calm and empathetic approach, as well as meet daily and weekly goals.
- Self-motivated and resourceful: you are a problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Must be able to prioritise work and manage time efficiently; you thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
- Keen interest in human behaviour and the underlying factors that inform the decision-making process.
- Empathy; attentive to the needs and concerns of our customers while striving to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
- Strong negotiation skills (bonus)
- Prior experience in customer service (bonus)
- Familiarity with debt collection related legislation (ACCC Debt Collection Guidelines, Privacy Act, National Consumer Credit Code, etc.) (bonus)