Supervises the Help Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations and disciplinary responsibilities.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR ROLE
- Supervises the Help Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Gather and analyse metrics to benchmark the helpdesk workload/performance and identify trends.
- Ensure that staff provides timely and considerate customer service to end users by fielding Helpdesk calls and resolving technical issues. Assist all office staff and instructors, both in person and via the phone.
- Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
- Performs staff scheduling to ensure Help Desk coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required.
- Solves problems and makes decisions on a daily basis relative to Help Desk responsibilities.
- Provides staff support for administrative tasks and projects relative to the Desktop, Wide Area Network, Local Area Network and Telephone functions.
Maintains a central source of information enabling Help Desk staff and support technicians to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels.
- Invokes problem escalation procedures to coordinate recovery
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried through.
- Coordinates training requirements of Help Desk personnel.
- Contributes to departmental productivity and development objectives by participating in training programs
- Provides leadership by projecting a positive attitude, and providing learning incentives
- Ensures that effective Help Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments and divisions
- Interfaces with users of technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department. Resolves problem situations in a professional manner. Accurately communicates pertinent information to create a work environment that lends itself to the best interests of departmental personnel and customer service
- Performs duties in a cost-effective manner to avoid waste of resources without jeopardizing quality of care and service
- Maintains competency and enhances professional growth and development through continuing education and conferences
- Serves as the around-the-clock contact for all related support issues, providing advanced first level technology support.
- Accountable for meeting systems infrastructure or operational Service Level Agreements established by Chief Technology Officer.
- Systems policies, processes and procedures, with a proved track record of completing tasks and/or project within budget and on schedule
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Technology Officer.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Ability to manage and delegate work as part of a team.
- Ability to think and respond immediately with a resolution for complex issues.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good Technical Management, Technical Understanding, Analyzing Information, Informing Others, Staffing, Problem Solving, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
- Willing to work variable shifts including evening, weekends and public holidays.
- Deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions maintaining effective working relationships
- Respond adequately to inquiries or complaints
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced, highly technical environment