Monitor user and system adherence to security standards.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR ROLE
- Troubleshoots minor equipment malfunction and corrects them as directed by knowledge-based tool, IT Service Desk and/or Shift Supervisor.
- Monitor user and system adherence to security standards.
- Evaluates and tests equipment, network/software, and system tool products and submit recommendations to the shift supervisor.
- Operates and monitors divisional operating systems, platforms, network, servers and software and escalates and/or resolves exceptions in accordance with established procedure.
- Assist staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment and software complying with given standards and guidelines.
- Escalates issues to higher level of support when needed.
- Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Sets and loads computer equipment with required items and prepares equipment for operations.
- Gathers and analyzes information about the user’s issue and determines the best way to resolve their problem.
- Ensures hardware accessories are functional and usable. Troubleshooting hardware issues is the primary scope of support.
A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF
- Skills in Networking, have passed at least CCNA or is already near the certification for CCNA.
- Ability to simplify complex technical terms when assisting end-user and on hand to answer basic to complex technical questions of end-user.
- Good Technical background and knowledge of user account administration (active directory).
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware.
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential task as assigned.
- Ability to read Helpdesk Knowledge based tool and comprehend directions therein in order to remedy minor computer equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to diagnose the cause of a problem in a complex environment and provide effective and immediate resolution.
- Knowledge of methodology to run computer system and to troubleshoot minor computer equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to communicate problems with higher levels of support and/or Supervisor as they become known.
- Willing to work variable shifts including evening, weekends and public holidays.