We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with a solid developer background to support the development and operation of Yomojo systems and software infrastructure. This includes websites and webservers, mobile applications, API webservices and business support systems such as CRM and billing systems.
The role’s mission is to provide flexible and scalable solutions that can deliver a return on investment, taking a fundamentally pragmatic approach to problem solving. Solutions and code will be elegant and concise, with an eye on performance and scalability.
The DevOps Engineer must display a passion for delivering, an eye for detail and a predilection for (just enough) perfection. She/he must be a self-starter who just enjoys getting stuff done.
The DevOps Engineer will embody the Yomojo brand values and behaviours reflecting such in the delivery of customer-centric solutions.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR ROLE
- Engage in and improve the whole delivery lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Creates technology solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining web applications; working within a team of developers.
- Maintenance and management of team’s back-end tools and resources, including but not limited to GIT, AWS, uptime and performance metrics, MySQL.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Strong knowledge of PHP and associated technologies: Composer, Active Records, Routes, Authentication/Security, HTML, CSS etc.
- Thorough foundation on web technology (HTTP, request, response codes)
- Solid work experience with MVC Frameworks (Laravel, CodeIgniter) and popular CMS (Drupal, WordPress). In-depth understanding of Laravel from setup to operation
- Good knowledge of frontend libraries/frameworks (Vue/React/Angular, jquery)
- Good knowledge of Node/NPM and webpack
- Proficient at working on the terminal console
- Experienced with Ubuntu server, Apache2, MySQL
- Thorough experience managing and administering web servers
- Effective management of uptime and performance metrics via analysis tools. Work experience with Nagios is a plus.
- Good work skills and experience with data transmission formats and web services protocol such as JSON, SOAP/XML, REST
- Thorough experience with relational database systems, good knowledge of SQL syntax
- Writes clean, efficient and readable code
- Conceptual knowledge of CI/CD, DevoOps, and SRE
- Work experience with containerization using docker
- Experience with git using GitFlow as a workflow
- Strong foundation on DNS, IP addressing, and other general network technology and concepts
- Solid work experience with AWS or GCP
- Tertiary Degree in Computer Science / Engineering (or Related)