The Backofice Agent will also aid in handling schedule changes, emergencies, and other projects as assigned in order to assist the Operations department.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR ROLE
- Learn Peak15 tour operator software in order to verify bookings and produce travel documents for clients. Coordinate directly with local suppliers on all client documentation deadlines to ensure timely delivery.
- Create the client e-folders and ensure that all necessary folders and documents are entered. Ensure that all folders and documents within the e-folders are well organized, re-named and uncluttered.
- Create and maintain e-mail templates and other documents to streamline the Operations process.
- Research entry/exit requirements (including visas, tourist cards, etc.) and other country specific information.
- Continuously update hotel, supplier, and country information in Peak 15 to ensure all information is current.
- Create financial breakdown sheets in Excel for each client booking; update as needed and ensure accuracy.
- Prioritize work according to the volume and urgency of bookings. (New bookings are always the top priority and must be checked and verified quickly so that Operations can confirm bookings within 24-48 hours.
- Issue travel insurance and work with Sales/Operations to ensure timely & accurate purchases.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with other departments (Sales, Product, etc.) and international suppliers.
- Accurately create client invoices in Peak 15 and keep them updated, reconciling with breakdown spreadsheets.
- Process credit card charges in Peak 15 and assist the Accounting department with additional tasks as needed.
- Take responsibility for the emergency phone per the schedule set by the Operations Manager (with compensation). Effectively handle all emergencies in a timely and professional manner.
- Work on special projects as assigned to assist the Operations Manager.
- Meet with travel industry executives as necessary in order to learn about our products.
- Develop and maintain database/records of supplier contacts.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- 4-year college degree/ Applicant should have effective communication skills, great time management, ability to follow instructions and quick to learn/understand new concepts. Knowledge of our destinations is essential. Passport required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret emails, supplier manuals, professional correspondence, technical procedures, and trade websites. Ability to effectively present information in an organized, logical and easy to follow format. Excellent writing skills including Spelling, proper punctuation, grammar, and business writing is a must. English must be easily understandable on the telephone as well as in person.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to interpret and act on a variety of instructions which may be furnished in written, oral, diagram, and schedule form. Strong organizational skills and ability to consider many different factors at once. Ability to prioritize various activities to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel. Ability to quickly learn our CRM software and utilize it to its fullest extent.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to maintain positive working relationships with other members of staff. Selfmotivated person who is able to remain focused, calm and even tempered even in extremely busy conditions. Must have a strong sense of honesty to clients and loyalty to Yampu. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, use hands, and occasionally lift small packages.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Amenable to work on shifting schedules, weekends and Holidays
- Must be easy to adapt to ever- changing circumstances.